Friday, June 11, 2010

Ready to go!

Tomorrow morning, bright and early, the Johnson family and I will set out from Lakeland for Miami...catch our flight to London...London to Nairobi, Kenya...AND then finally to Bujumbura, Burundi.

30+ hours of travel. Three adults. Seven kids (did I mention two are toddlers?). Three people with colds (yep, that includes me too).

We'll be quite the sight, wearing you-can't-miss-us red shirts.

This trek is going to EPIC. I can just feel it.

Even JUST the journey of getting to this point has been nothing short of epic. Watching all the pieces come together (that I originally thought were close to impossible to surmount - oh me of little faith!) has left me in awe of my Lord in a new way. He leaves me breathless, with only one thing on my mind and heart: God is so good.

Without a doubt, I'm going to let God be my travel agent for life.

I'm going to AFRICA, people. Wowzers.


P.S. Confession: I still have to finish packing after I get home from work...but! I'm ALMOST about ready to go. *sigh* 'Tis the story of my life. lol

3 comments:

  1. Have a WONDERFUL time!!! I can't wait to hear all about it when you get back. Praying for you, friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so excited for you! We'll be praying for you! Can't wait to have you back just in time for VBS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowzers, indeed. AFRICA! You GO girl!!! :)
    Praying for you. I'm completely and utterly pooped after my flight home from Alaska, by myself.... so I can't imagine 30 hours. And when you add the children to that, the thought, actually, gives me a nervous tick. Give her grace, Lord!!

    ReplyDelete