Friday, June 10, 2011

What do I know of holy?

Holiness has been a reoccurring theme during my devotions, prayer and thoughts...what does it look like, this holiness that God desires? I feel like this holiness should be totally consuming, swallowing every inch of us up. Turning us upside down and letting loose the "Jesus freak" from within. But then there's these walls I've kept up. Walls I've maintained for the sake of society, my goals, my pleasure...they keep God's kind of holiness in a neat, orderly container that is easily managed. I get just enough dosage to leave me feeling Christian enough. It doesn't overwhelm my conscience too much, nor inhibits my fun. What happens if I take them down?


A radical life that reeks of Jesus Christ.


"As obedient children, do not be conformed to the former lusts which were yours in your ignorance, but like the Holy One who called you, be holy yourselves..." I Peter 1:14-15


I'm realizing I know very little about this holiness...



1 comment: