Friday, January 13, 2012

I have to be up at 3:00 am tomorrow. Yep, that's three o'clock in the morning. Didn't even know that time existed.

Why so early? Because I have to catch a flight to here...



A team of 13 from Calvary Baptist, plus Cale and I are heading south for a week to do some construction work in Port-au-Prince and then spend quality time here...


Am I ready for what I'll see and experience there? No, I'm not. In fact, I'm a little nervous about this trip...and that's kind of unusual for me. I have no idea what to expect, other than being pushed way out of my comfort zone. 

In the midst of the nervousness there is a measure of calm and expectant joy to see how the Lord is going to work in and through us.  The prayers that have been uttered over the past couple of months for this team, this trip and the people we'll be serving will begin to bear visible fruit...and it's going to be a beautiful thing to watch.

Even though I'm not completely ready for the sensory overload that Haiti is sure to provide, I am eager to get out of the states, be stretched and humbled. Things get way too easy here, and complacency settles in too quickly.

If you think of it, please lift our little troop up before the Lord. We're going to need it.

T - 18 hours...

1 comment:

  1. Hey. You there with the pretty eyes.
    Yeah, you.
    Update your blog.

    ReplyDelete