Thursday, July 14, 2011

It's all about motive...

A recent excerpt from my journal:

"There's been a bit of a debate going on inside me. I'm sore about something...make that two somethings. I'm wondering if I should let them go, those two painful somethings - or allow them to fuel a discussion with the perpetrators. My relatively sane, "good" side cautions that it would be selfish to hold onto the hurts, and that I should never allow them to influence my actions or words to a person...but then, my bad side doesn't want to dismiss the injuries so fast - strongly declaring that a severe injustice has been committed. When will the offenders learn if I don't react with a certain measure of negativity?

Is it wrong to let my hurt propel me to action?

The little voice inside asks me to consider what Christ would do.

Honestly, sometimes I'm just so frustrated by this agape love that I am supposed to show others...it doesn't leave any room for me!"

Choosing to walk in love isn't easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment